Idina Menzel may have confirmed that a Frozen sequel is in the works. Plus we have more details about the mystery narrator of The Force Awakens' teaser. And James Gunn explains why a certain Marvel hero won't be in Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Spoilers now!
Top image: Jurassic World
As you've probably heard already, the mystery narrator in the Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser trailer is Andy Serkis. And sources tell Hitfix that Serkis' role in the movie is relatively small, but very pivotal. [Hitfix]
Colin Trevorrow took the time to comment on the trailer, saying that we would still be seeing a classic (not genetically modified) T-Rex in the film and that the mosasaurus is indeed eating a great white shark as a meal. He also explained why the new dinosaur makes sense, thematically:
There is no shortage of awesome [real] dinosaurs. We could have populated this entire story with new species that haven't been in any of these movies. But this new creation is what gave me a reason to tell another Jurassic Park story. We have the most awe-inspiring creatures to ever walk the Earth right in front of us, but for some reason that's not enough. We're always hungry for the next thing, and those who profit from it are always looking to feed that hunger. The focus groups want something bigger than a T-Rex. And that's what they get.
He also talked a bit more about that shot of Owen (Chris Pratt) with the velociraptors, saying:
Owen's relationship with the raptors is complicated. They aren't friends. These animals are nasty and dangerous and they'll bite your head off if you make the wrong move. But there are men and women out there today who have forged tenuous connections with dangerous predators. That's interesting territory to me.
In April, we heard that a Frozen sequel hadn't been discussed yet. Recently, star Idina Menzel said that one might be in the works. According to The Telegraph:
There are also rumours of a sequel and a stage musical. What can Menzel tell us of those plans?
"That they're all in the works, ha ha!"
Is she signed up for them all?
"Ah, yeah sure… Not the stage show – I don't know what will happen with that – but the movie hopefully. We'll see. I'm just going along for the ride," she says.
It could very well be that Menzel just has a contract which includes a sequel and that's what she's referencing. Or that she has heard from Disney about Frozen 2. [The Telegraph]
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Despite the heavy presence of the Nova Corps in the first film, James Gunn says that Nova probably won't be making an appearance in the Guardians films any time soon:
I don't want Nova right now because I think Quill being the only earthling is important. That serves the entire movie-going audience and not just the handful of Nova fans… I have nothing against Nova in future movies, but it doesn't serve the movie right this moment.
Exodus: Gods and Kings
Here's a TV spot. [via First Showing]
In a contrast to all the other rumors about Jenna Coleman leaving the series in this year's Christmas special, The Mirror's reporting that the star's had a change of heart after how great her first year with Peter Capaldi. So instead, she's asked to stay on, and leave after the first half of next year's season instead. Instead of growing old and finally dying an old woman, as was the original ending of the Christmas episode, she returns to the TARDIS, hand-in-hand with the Doctor. [The Mirror]
In response to all the rumors, a BBC spokesperson had this to say:
This is speculation so we won't be commenting. Viewers will have to watch the Christmas episode to find out!
[ Radio Times]
Here are some things to look out for in tonight's midseason finale, according to SpoilerTV:
- Ichabod will demonstrate how good he is with a sword. I have missed him fighting with a sword, now he has Methusalem' sword.
- As seen in the picture above, Abbie and Ichabod will use a motorcycle this week. Let's just say it's a very funny scene and they will both enjoy it very much.
- Jenny will make a very meaningful promise.
- There will be many references to the first season. Places we've been to, events that happened will be both mentioned and seen again. I'm always very fond of these moments, it really shows the writers have a plan and it's a nice throwback for the fans.
- Some of the visions we've watched earlier this season might come true
- More witchcraft ! It's the end of the world, it's time for Katrina to show the extant of her powers. I always want to see more of them ! B
- Last week, our Witnesses found the sword, able to kill any demons. It's exactly what they needed to defeat Moloch, but it turns out the sword demands a sacrifice. If you use it to kill, then it takes your soul and body…. But our witnesses know someone whose soul has already been claimed. Irvin might be the one who can slay Moloch with the sword without risking to die,...
- Abbie and Ichabod will both wonder if their duty as Witnesses is to sacrifice themselves to stop Moloch.
- One of the witnesses will get injured during the fight against Moloch's army (remember them from Purgatory ?) ! Nooooo !
- The question of whether Ichabod would be able to kill Henry, the horseman of War, his son, to stop Moloch's plan has been a recurring one this season. In "The Akeda", Ichabod will finally make his choice about Henry.
- Katrina and Ichabod will have a very heated argument. Their relationship has really suffered since Katrina came back from Purgatory and spent her time with Abraham, away from her husband. Many lies from her were revealed and they never had the chance to talk. Moreover, Ichabod will witness Katrina's gestures of affection towards Abraham. Ichabod will express his doubts about Katrina and his ability to trust her now. They really need to discuss and sort things out calmly, but it's the end of the world, so they can't be calm.
- The first two signs of the Apocalypse are : lightnings and bloods from the sky… Terrific.
- Hawley will finally meet Katrina, and he will be quite impressed by Mrs Crane.
- Abbie will make a great motivation speech. Nicole Beharie is really at the top of her game in "The Akeda". She has really impressed me.
- It's a real chance Ichabod and Abbie have expanded their gang this season, Without all of them (Jenny, Irvin and Hawley), the Witnesses wouldn't have been able to pull off their plan to stop Moloch. But it doesn't mean their plan can actually work...
- Get your tissues ready because there will be one scene very emotional and heartbreaking.
- The last scene of the episode is just amazing and crazy. It left me speechless and shocked…
- Moloch will finally reveal his plan and it's absolutely evil and scary.
More at the link. [ SpoilerTV]
After promising that you don't have to have seen the movies to watch the show, Rebecca Romijn described her character, Eve Baird:
I think Eve Baird who's a counter terrorism expert and this very buttoned up rigid, you know, comes from this very buttoned up rigid military background. Everything for Eve Baird is very black and white, and Flynn Carson is every color in between black and white. She doesn't understand that. But once he's convinced her and shows her that magic exists in the world, I think she becomes very intrigued with him.
Because she's the skeptic of the group, she sort of gets to be the voice of the audience. That's really fun to play. She's sort of the straight man. And she demands the explanations for the audience - on behalf of the audience.
She's an investigator, and she's an expert in counter terrorism. She approaches these missions and finding these hidden magical artifacts as she would approach any mission, in the military or not in the military. She's just doing her job.
[ K Site TV]
Here's a new promo for season 2. [via SpoilerTV]
Agents of SHIELD
Head to the link for a sneak peek of the next episode. And it looks like Coulson and his team have found the city from the map he was writing. [AOL]
Here's a characteristically ridiculous promo for ABC's medieval musical, set to "All About That Bass." [via SpoilerTV]
Episode 1.10 will be called "Revenge of the Rogues." [SpoilerTV]
Additional reporting by Charlie Jane Anders and Abhimanyu Das