As excitement for the Showtime Twin Peaks revival builds, there’s no better time to revisit David Lynch’s cinematic prequel to the series, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me. Specifically, the 25-year-old cult classic’s spooky Angelo Badalamenti score, which is getting a stylishly packaged and fully remastered re-release.
Yep. That is cherry pie red vinyl caressing your eyeballs, an aesthetic touch that’s not entirely surprising, since last year’s re-release of the Twin Peaks TV show soundtrack—also on Mondo Music label Death Waltz Recording Company—featured coffee-colored vinyl. The artwork (touted as “David Lynch-approved”) is by Sam Smith, and the packaging and layout are designed by Jay Shaw.
Here’s the track listing:
01. Theme From Twin Peaks - Fire Walk With Me (6:40)
02. The Pine Float (3:58)
03. Sycamore Trees (3:52)
04. Don’t Do Anything (I Wouldn’t Do) (7:17)
05. A Real Indication (5:31)
06. Questions In A World Of Blue (4:50)
07. The Pink Room (4:02)
08. The Black Dog Runs At Night (1:45)
09. Best Friends (2:12)
10. Moving Through Time (6:41)
11. Montage From Twin Peaks - Girl Talk / Birds In Hell / Laura Palmer’s Theme / Falling (5:27)
12. The Voice Of Love (3:55)
And the eerie album cover, beamed straight from the Black Lodge:
The double LP will be available starting January 25 at MondoTees.com; visit the Alamo Drafthouse website to check showtimes of special 25th anniversary screenings of Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me at select theaters around the country.