Star Patrick Warburton claims its too early to go into specific on the infinitely anticipated live-action reboot of everyone's favorite insane blue crime-fighting arachnid, but that didn't stop him from revealing a bunch of details about the potential Amazon show in a recent interview.
Warburton spoke with MovieWeb, and told them:
• He believes creator/showrunner Ben Edlund will make the show "darker and edgier" than the original, which I take to mean as it'll hue closer to Edlund's original comics where the Tick is more of a dangerous lunatic than a good-hearted lug
• Warburton very much wants to do the role again, and he thinks things look "very interesting and positive" on the reboot front.
• The show will benefit from modern CG and VFX.
• There will very likely be a new Tick suit, although I think Warburton is implying that the suit will be made differently, not necessarily that it'll look much different.
• That said, he was not necessarily a fan of wearing the original suit:
[The Tick] was the most fun I ever had. Except wearing the suit. When you put on a suit, and you need two tubes of K-Y Jelly to assist in putting on the suit, and then you basically spend the next 12 hours in a soup of sweat and K-Y jelly, its a side of it...That's not the most fun. ...it's not fun wearing that thing.
The whole interview is a fun read if you have a few; check it out here.
[Via Nerd Bastards]