Time to start speculating: NASA announced a press conference that will take place on Monday that will “detail a major science finding” and that a major Mars mystery has been solved.
The event will take place on 11:30 AM EDT, and will include the following:
- Jim Green, director of planetary science at NASA Headquarters
- Michael Meyer, lead scientist for the Mars Exploration Program at NASA Headquarters
- Lujendra Ojha of the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta
- Mary Beth Wilhelm of NASA’s Ames Research Center in Moffett Field, California and the Georgia Institute of Technology
- Alfred McEwen, principal investigator for the High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment (HiRISE) at the University of Arizona in Tucson
It’ll be interesting to what they have to present, and hopefully, it’s not some weird The Martian collaborative tie-in.