Back to the Future 2's self-lacing, future Nike shoes have always been bananas expensive. But not anymore! Someone has finally made a knock-off version of the power lacers for under a $100.
Over at the website Halloween Costumes, you can preorder a pair of Nike knock-offs for $98. This is infinitely lower than the $500 to $1000 I've seen official the BTTF2 sneakers auctioned off for (which is fine, as the money usually goes to a charity like the Michael J. Fox Foundation). But for those not flush with cash, these will do nicely. According to the website, these kicks are...
- Officially Licensed
- Recreates the style seen in Back to the Future II
- Hi-Top style with textured sole for traction
- Fits with an adjustable Velcro strap around ankle and elastic on top of shoe
- Shoes light up just like in the movie!
- Shoes charge up easily with included USB cable
Check, check and check. Two future shoes, please sir!