This is it. This is every now-ubiquitous sci-fi thriller trope, presented to us in the form of Eastern Kentucky's football team intro video. It's less than a minute and a half long, but it's a great way to get drunk quickly.
We've reached a point where all of these things are instantly recognizable, clearly pretty cheap to produce, and a not-that-far-fetched theme for a sports team. Let's run down the tropes:
- The Inception-style BWOOONG noise (Dear Hans Zimmer, You're great. But I blame you for every single trailer using this sound now.)
- Jittery, glitchy cuts
- And the staticy tech sound that accompanies the camera glitch
- LENS FLARE
- Glowing cybernetic parts
- Unplugging from the base of the neck
- The full body scan displayed on tablet/hologram
- Using the scan to make changes to a look/activate androids
- The armor appearing by tapping the ear (most recently seen on Star-Lord in Guardians of the Galaxy, although this has a definite Iron-Man look to it, too.)
If you just drank on the glitchy cuts alone, you'd be blitzed at the end of that. And I might have missed some. Let me know in the comments if I did.