The seesaw that is “Daniel Craig back for Bond 25" news stories continues today. One week tabloids says he’s back for two films. The next week, he very clearly states that’s not the case.
Speaking on a Boston radio show Tuesday, the actor said the following:
No decision has been made at the moment, there’s a lot of noise out there and nothing official has been confirmed and I’m not, like, holding out for more money or doing anything like that. It’s just all very personal decisions to be made at the moment...I know they’re desperate to get going and I would in theory love to do it, but there is no decision, uh, just yet.
Now, that was as of Tuesday morning August 15, probably around 7 or 8 am EST. I pin this down to date and time because anything can change at any moment when it comes to this movie.
Of course, you’ll remember last month that it was announced the 25th Bond film, untitled and without a director or star, would be released November 8, 2019. Soon after, a few directorial frontrunners emerged, with Yann Demange as the most likely to helm the film. But still, Craig has not confirmed anything and you have to wonder if all these other plans are the producers’ way to force him to make a decision.
Also of note, we still don’t know which studio will be distributing the film as Sony lost the rights after Spectre. So, to recap: no star, no studio, no director, no script (that we know of), but there is a release date.
Oh Bond 25, you are a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.