Absurdist Pro-Science T-Shirts for Every Occasion

Illustration for article titled Absurdist Pro-Science T-Shirts for Every Occasion

Since we were just talking the other day about how intelligent design theory has been creeping into popular culture via movies like The Happening, it's only fitting that we supply you with an antidote to such culture. Amorphia Apparel, known throughout the galaxy for their absurdist tees devoted to mad science and runaway pterodactyls (see below for a gallery), has just created a special line of tees for the ID cause. In the pro-ID movie Expelled, Ben Stein urged people to "teach the controversy" which is ID. These shirts urge you to teach all kinds of controversies, such as UFOs building the pyramids (my fave) and Atlantis existing under the ocean. Check out more goodness from Amorphia below.

Advertisement
Illustration for article titled Absurdist Pro-Science T-Shirts for Every Occasion
Advertisement

Holy crap do I ever love that one with the scientist hugging the nuke plant. But what do I love more? Two of the tees below. First, I adore the one that says "fucking pterodactyls," a sentiment I experience practically every time Rodan steals my Prius. And the ear mouse one. Just because I've always wanted to grow an extra ear on my cat. I don't think she'd mind.

Illustration for article titled Absurdist Pro-Science T-Shirts for Every Occasion
Illustration for article titled Absurdist Pro-Science T-Shirts for Every Occasion
Illustration for article titled Absurdist Pro-Science T-Shirts for Every Occasion
Advertisement
Illustration for article titled Absurdist Pro-Science T-Shirts for Every Occasion
Illustration for article titled Absurdist Pro-Science T-Shirts for Every Occasion
Advertisement
Illustration for article titled Absurdist Pro-Science T-Shirts for Every Occasion

There are a lot more where these came from, including a bunch more "teach the controversy" ones (including unicorns!). And they're priced pretty reasonably, too.

Advertisement

Amorphia Apparel [official site]

Share This Story

Get our newsletter

DISCUSSION

braak
Chris Braak

@RAHfanboy: At least 5% of every demographic is composed of noisy morons. The Noisy Moron faction makes the remaining 95% of even the most intelligent and reasonable group look bad. I'm not sure if there's any way around it.

There are a lot of folks who, again, I think understandably, have a deep-seated resentment towards religion. They're atheists...not because they were raised to be atheists (that is to say, not as the result of inherited doctrine) but because they have examined the world and concluded that atheism is the most reasonable choice. These same folks are well aware of the fact that the American people would elect a female black gay Mormon president before they'd elect an atheist, and that there are many, many American people who are simultaneously attempting to eliminate the religious freedom that atheists enjoy and claiming that they, the religious, are the ones being persecuted.

What I'm saying is, while it's probably useless for atheists to try and pick fights with the largely non-existent religious fundamentalists on a SciFi blog, I have complete sympathy for why they're touchy about it.