From the notebooks of Stanley Kubrick comes this most excellent list of movie titles that never saw the light of day, but were evidently considered for the film that Kubrick would eventually name Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb.
There are plenty of mentions of Dr. Strangelove, bombs, and even implications that one should love and cherish said "wonderful bomb," but you won't find the final title in this list. Still, it gives one pause to think how this movie would have been received had Kubrick settled on the decidedly tantalizing title of Dr. Strangelove's Secret Uses of Uranus.
- Doctor Doomsday
- Don't Knock the Bomb
- Dr. Doomsday and his Nuclear Wiseman
- Dr. Doomsday Meets Ingrid Strangelove
- Dr. Doomsday or: How to Start World War III Without Even Trying
- Dr. Strangelove's Bomb
- Dr. Strangelove's Secret Uses of Uranus
- My Bomb, Your Bomb
- Save The Bomb
- Strangelove: Nuclear Wiseman
- The Bomb and Dr. Strangelove or: How to be Afraid 24hrs a Day
- The Bomb of Bombs
- The Doomsday Machine
- The Passion of Dr. Strangelove
- Wonderful Bomb
This transcript of legible title candidates comes courtesy of Lists of Note; the notebook scan itself is via The Stanley Kubrick Archives.