Holy long-awaited cult-favorite show that until recently was stuck in a legal nightmare! The campy, outstanding 1966 Batman TV series will finally be released on DVD and Blu-ray on November 11th, and we've got the details on all the extra features and the goodies included in the complete series set.
First of all, both the DVD and Blu-ray sets will include all 120 episodes of the show on Ultraviolet digital, so thats nice. But with the complete series set, you also get:
• An exclusive Hot Wheels® Replica 1966 Batmobile
• Adam West Scrapbook – featuring never-before-seen photos from Adam's own archives
• 44 Vintage Trading Cards
• Episode guide – includes synopsis of all episodes, photos from the series and a personal letter from Adam West to the fans
As for on-disc extras, the sets have three hours of bonus content.
Special Features include:
• Hanging with Batman – A true slice of life in the words of Adam West.
• Holy Memorabilia Batman! – A journey into the most sought-after collectibles through the eyes of three extraordinary collectors.
• Batmania Born! - Building the World of Batman – Explore the art and design behind the fiction.
• Bats of the Round Table – A candid conversation with Adam West and his celebrity friends, chatting all things Bat '66.
• Inventing Batman in the words of Adam West (episode 1 &2) - A rare treat for the fans as Adam discusses his script notes on bringing Batman to life in the first and second episodes.
• Na Na Na Batman! — Hollywood favorite's stars and producers recount their favorite Batman memories.
The suggested retail price of the Batman '66 Complete Series Blu-ray set is $270, while the DVD set is $200. If that's a bit much for you, a bare-bones Season One set will also be available on the same day for $40. But you should keep in mind 1) places like Amazon and Best Buy will definitely list a lower price, 2) the sets do include 120 episodes, and 3) given all the rights issues that needed to be cleared (let alone dealing with the estates of the countless celebrities who appeared on the show) to finally release this series, I honestly thought the price was going to be worse.