Welcome to this week’s Reading List, where you’ll find the best popular culture and science fiction stories on the internet assembled in one delightful package. This week: film stories, John Williams, Flash Gordon and b-movie titles.
- When you come right down to it, there’s not a whole lot in cinema that’s original. Here’s a look at how stories are recycled over and over. [The Atlantic]
- How John Williams’ scores have become so iconic, and a brand in and of themselves. [New Yorker]
- In 2016, books are likely going to be fine. That’s not the case for magazines. [Quartz]
- Flash Gordon was a sensation: here’s the story behind the film and its impact. [Empire Online]
- In order to appeal to a wide audience, B-movies had to rely on flair and design to get noticed. [Art of the Title]
Image credit: racorn / Shuttershock