The award-winning Bell's Brewery in Kalamazoo, Michigan, has announced that it will be releasing seven different beers, each inspired by a different piece of music from Gustav Holst's orchestral suite The Planets.
Written between 1914 and 1916, each movement of the composition is inspired by Holst's interpretation of the astrological character of the planets.
The first Planet beer will be released this August, with each successive entry debuting about every two months after. The final beer is scheduled for release in July 2015.
The line-up, according to Bell's:
- "Mars, The Bringer of War" – Double IPA
- "Venus, The Bringer of Peace" – A Blonde Ale brewed with honey, apricot, vanilla and cardamom
- "Mercury, The Winged Messenger" – A Belgian Single
- "Jupiter, The Bringer of Jollity" – A malt forward Brown Ale
- "Saturn, The Bringer of Old Age" – A Bourbon Barrel-aged Barleywine
- "Uranus, The Magician" – Black Double IPA
- "Neptune, The Mystic" – A "Mystical Stout," inspired by the brewery's "Dr. Bell's Medicinal Stout"
Don't forget to add a chaser in honor of Pluto.