Puffer fish poisoning has claimed many victims. While the fish’s poison was well-known to the people who lived near its habitat, explorers ate it without a second thought. This proved bad for them, but much worse for their pigs.
Last week we reported on how dolphins like to get high by ingesting the nerve toxin released by puffer fish — but there was no video. The BBC has now released the footage, and it's just as awesome as we hoped.
Using a remote-controlled camera disguised as a sea turtle, marine biologists watched as young dolphins got themselves stoned by ingesting a nerve toxin released by puffer fish. And as if sharing a joint, the dolphins could be seen passing it around.
It seems cats aren't the only creatures with an affinity for chasing little red dots. This puffer fish just can't resist chasing a laser around its tank. But if you try this home, please remember to dislodge your laser from your rifle before aiming it at the tank. We don't want any puffer fish harmed in the name of…