Here it is is, the official cast to Star Wars Episode VII.
Announced on the official Star Wars site this is the first ever cast list for the new Star Wars movie.
The Star Wars team is thrilled to announce the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII.
Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.
Director J.J. Abrams says, "We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."
Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015.
Where you probably know the new cast from (because wow this cast is sensational):
- John Boyega, bad ass lead in Attack the Block. He killed all the alien baddies, and acted the hell out of the movie. Really excited to get him.
- Daisy Ridley. Fairly new face here. First real gripe of the casting list too. ONLY ONE FEMALE?
- Adam Driver, you may know him as Lena Dunham's on screen boyfriend from Girls. Driver has long been rumored to be in this film, as the villain.
- Oscar Isaac, Inside Llewyn Davis. Wonderful, maybe he will sing?
- Andy Serkis. Playing Andy Serkis or using his skills at performance capture as some sort of Star Wars creature. Win, win either way.
- Domhnall Gleeson, lead in About Time. Also seen in True Gritt, Dredd, Harry Potter he's great. This actor has a wide range of acting abilities.
- Max von Sydow, you know who Max von Sydow is.
- And, of course, the original trio.
The image above is most likely from the first ever Star Wars Episode VII table read, which was rumored to happen today.