This is a gallery of real furniture, though you may find that hard to believe. It's incredibly impractical unless, of course, you are an alien.
1. Adelta Ball Chair, designed by Eero Aarnio in 1966
Do you remember Yoda's chair in the Jedi Council, or the Energy Pod from the Woody Allen movie Sleeper? It comes from the same design planet.
It's customizable with speakers for the high-tech experience.
2. N@t netbook-lounge armchair, by Martin Ballendat, 2009
3. White elephant armchair with gold and diamonds, by Wild Design
The evil, elephant-headed aliens are loving these armchairs so much.
via Born Rich
4. Future Alien Sofa, by C12ASH on Deviantart
It reminds me of a toilet with LED lights, but okay, it might be a sofa, too.
5. The Lomme Egg Bed, by Agnieszka Bernacka, 2008
This futuristic bed is iPod-compatible, and it has a light and "sound therapy" system. It was sold for $53500.
6. Sleep Standing Up Bed and Relaxing Room by Ernesto Neto, 2010
My extraterrestrial friend, no matter how much you weigh, and how big your limbs are, this bed can adapt to your body shape.
7. Infinity Light Mirror Tables by Light Energy Studio and Infinity Art Furnishings
Now with built-in Time Vortex for the last Time Lord, the Doctor!
8. Osteon Chair, by Assa Ashuach
via Assa Ashuach
9. Surf Chair, Leif Sørensen and Kenneth Lylover, Denmark, 2000
It was the winner of best product in Scandinavian Furniture Fair in 2000. It's also the best solution if you want a comfortable chair in your spaceship's control room.
10. Awesome combination of a speaker and a table for the KUBE Hotel Saint-Tropez, designed by La Cox
11. Loopita by Victor Aleman, 2006
via Victor Aleman
12. iClubby Workstation by the Gravitonus
With up to 6 screens, an external skeleton, a high-tech seat, a built-in LED lighting system and a crystal-clear sound (max. 7+1 speakers)