According to Deadline, Columbia Pictures recently reviewed the screen tests of several potential Peter Parkers for director Marc Webb's unnamed Spider-Man reboot (which is known around these parts as Spider-Man: Begin Again). The following young actors threw their hat in the ring:
- Jamie Bell (Tintin from Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn)
- Anton Yelchin (Star Trek)
- Aaron Johnson (Kick-Ass)
- Andrew Garfield (David Fincher's upcoming Facebook movie The Social Network)
- Logan Lerman (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, who was previously deemed out of the running)
- Alden Ehrenreich (Francis Ford Coppola's Tetro)
Also, Frank Dillane (Tom Riddle from Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince) and Michael Angerano (Gentlemen Broncos) are apparently on the studio's final list. It's however unclear whether Angerano tested, and Dillane has apparently declined to study at London's Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.
Columbia is expected to announce the next Peter Parker soon. Your correspondent is crestfallen to see that Don Glover is not among the finalists.